Driver Shop Assistant- Illinois
Location: Aurora, IL
Industry: Industrial Equipment
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week
Salary: 14-16 USD
Factory Cleaning Equipment, Inc. is currently looking for a Driver/Shop Assistant for our Aurora, IL location to efficiently service our customers. If you have the ability to function well as part of a team and have effective organizational and communication skills, you could make a great addition to our team!
The primary responsibility of the Driver/Shop Assistant is to help meet the needs of our customers by delivering and picking up equipment and supplies in a timely, safe, and courteous manner, as well as prepare, demonstrate, and operate rental equipment. The Driver/Shop Assistant must be able to operate and maneuver a pick-up truck with a trailer attached. Knowledge of the operation of a forklift is a plus.
- Safely transport equipment and supplies to customer locations in a timely, safe and courteous manner
- Determine each customer's ability to use the equipment in a safe manner
- Demonstrate use of rental equipment to customers
- Maintain driver logs and complete pre-trip inspections
- Adhere to all safety requirements particular to the equipment, shop environment, and rules of the road
- Maintain the service and appearance of the truck and shop area
- Follow delivery/pickup instructions from Dispatcher
- Clean and prep rental and demo equipment
- Prepare supply orders as needed
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Manager
- Mechanical aptitude is a plus
- Comfortable using common shop equipment (ie Power Washer, Power Tools, Compressor, etc.)
- Applicants must be over the age of 21.
- Must have a driving record in good standing.
- Candidates must be able to pass the pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Must hold a valid Driver’s License.
- Including Medical, Dental, Life, Disability, Paid vacation, holiday pay, 401K